Welcome to February’s Goal Setting Post! I love writing these every single month because they force me to sit down and evaluate how I’m doing, more specifically, how am I trending towards the end of the year. Am I making progress on the goals I’ve set for myself? Are those goals still relevant? If not, they go. No time to waste on things that aren’t important! Instead, I’m focusing on the things that I want to finish!
Remember that my monthly goals are all aiming to bring me closer to the 10 goals I set for myself in 2018, all centered around my word of the year of Finish. They are:
- Read 36 books with buying ANY.
- Get into and sustain the best shape of my life.
- Stitch my Baltimore ornament in time to have it finished for Christmas (July).
- Budget together to hit our financial goals.
- Date each other more intentionally.
- Correct legal & business systems for the business.
- Invest in ME without spending any more money.
- Rebrand all content from BD to She Does Better.
January Monthly Goals
- Dress up and go out date night before Casey goes TDY. ✅ We went to the Happy Q Year Concert in Raleigh that featured Ryan Hurd, Midland, Easton Corbin, and Chris Lane. It was a solid show. For $25 it was GREAT and we were super close to the stage.
- Read 3 books. ✅ This month I finished FOUR books! They were Crossing the Chasm by Geoffrey Moore, The Gifts of Imperfection by Brene Brown, Born a Crime by Trevor Noah, and 168 Hours by Laura Vanderkam.
- Make solid progress on my Udacity Course. 🆗 Giving myself a barely passing here. I finished all the coursework and one project, but I still have one outstanding project that I wish I would have finished already.
- Setup my new ESP with its welcome funnel. 🆗 I set up my ESP with some stuff, but not the welcome funnel.
- Plan, categorize, and prioritize content for the audit. My goal is to 1. watch the content audit video, 2. add the steps to different days in Todoist, 3. Create the spreadsheet, 4. Categorize the posts, and 5. Prioritize (probably most recent backwards, to be honest)! ❌ Lol, didn’t start.
- Update Top 6 Posts from 2017. I know that I’ll be starting with these six posts since they bring in a solid amount of traffic, so they seem like the best place to start!! ❌ I started, but didn’t finish because client work and present status were a bigger priority.
- Get contracts sorted out with help from CAI. ❌ I had the phone call that kicked off this process on the 15th, so now I just need to review the feedback and make adjustments.
January Weekly Goals
- Dress up at-home date night. ✅ We went on the Happy Q Year date and then C was gone for the rest of the month and I did my self-date nights, including being with my friends in Philly one weekend, visiting with my sister (and wedding dress shopping another), and treating myself to a solo sushi date night.
- Read 150 Pages. 🆗 I read 150 in weeks 2, 3, and 4, but I read 4 books, so I’m happy with my progress here too.
- Wedding Planning Progress. ✅ This month I found a gown, found what will probably end up being bridesmaids dresses, built our wedding website, ordered Save the Dates, got the invites for the bridal shower, and created a rough timeline for day-of!
January Daily Goals
- Go to the gym. Monday through Saturday. 30 minutes on the Assault Bike on Sundays. ❌ I worked out 17 days this month, much lower than my goal of 20, but not too bad considering I I was on the road for 8 days this month (and I never expect to work out while on the road).
- 20 minutes of stitching. Needlework is good for the brain. ❌ All I have left on my ornament now is the blue background which is a lot less motivating to stitch, but I kept a steady pace at this throughout the month. I should finish it next month.
- Code 1 hour. Every morning. ❌ I coded more mornings than I went to the gym, so not too bad.
- Write 700 Words. On my Freewrite. Every morning!! ❌ In some ways, I think my coding and my writing are dichotomous, which is why I never thrive at both of these.
- Update my Mindful Budgeting Planner. I’m thinking this will be a lunch-time activity. ❌ I didn’t even open this once.
Here are my Powersheets goals for February:
February Prep Work
What’s On My Calendar, Important To Dos, & Things I’m Excited For
C is coming home from this TDY in the beginning of the month. I’m going to Nashville for PyTN! There’s a three-day weekend in President’s Day Weekend. The Crossfit Open starts! So many exciting things.
February Monthly Goals
- Read 3 books. I am aiming to read Get Money by Kristin Wong, Black Hearts by Jim Frederick, and Fire and Fury by Michael Wolff. As a stretch, I’d also like to read Meet the Frugalwoods by Elizabeth Willard Thames, but February will have less solo-time than January did.
- Have one date night out and one budgeting date. Hopefully we end up going away for President’s Day Weekend.
- Finish writing evergreen content for February and March. #pcsprep, haha
- Finish getting contracts sorted out with help from CAI. Maybe this needs to be less of a priority given some things that have come up, but it can’t hurt to get done.
- Finish final project for Udacity course and sign up for Term 2. I’m still going back and forth on Term 2, but I think I should just do it.
- Finish launching new brand. I just saw the site and it’s OH SO PRETTY, but there’s still a lot of work to do.
- Add Welcome Funnel to new opt-ins in ESP. More work associated with the rebrand.
- Update Top 6 Posts from 2017 with new graphics, opt-ins, and zhushed content! This too is part of the rebrand.
Can you see why my word of the year is FINISH?
February Weekly Goals
- Dress up at-home date night.
- Read 150 Pages.
- Wedding Planning Progress. This month I need to: send the save the dates, finish our registry at BB&B, schedule our preCANA, make a beauty plan, figure out the veil situation, book the florist, and finalize the bridesmaids dresses.
- Check in with Stephanie on our BB Progress.
- Weekly goal setting posts on MyToDoLists.com
February Daily Goals
- Go to the gym. Monday through Saturday. 30 minutes on the Assault Bike on Sundays.
- 20 minutes of stitching. Needlework is good for the brain.
- Write 700 Words. On my Freewrite. Every morning!!
- Track my reading.
Your turn! Do you have goals for February? What are trying to make happen this month?
Emilie is a data engineer by day and lifestyle blogger by night. A Jersey girl at heart, she is currently living in her fifth home in three years, Savannah, GA with her college sweetheart. She’s learned the hard way that home is wherever the Army sends them. She enjoys eating food, cuddling with her dog, and binge watching HGTV.