Not evaluating December 2018 goals because I didn’t set any… Just diving right into the new year and my “Year of No.“
- Read 3 Books. I am currently finishing up James Clear’s Atomic Habits. I think I’ll read Nate Silver’s book after that and then it’s up in the air. I’d love to start the year strong with three books, but these are both on the high-page-count side, so we’ll see.
- Stick to three new time blocks. I’ve blocked off calendar time for my weekly mastermind (hey Rebecca, Christine, and Jessica), stitch night, and content auditing. Just a little bit of time in each block, but that’s how habits are built.
- Workout 20 times. Knowing how
wish-washyI’ve been lately, I plan to actually plan EXACTLY which days I’ll be going to which gyms and doing which workouts.
- Crush my LunchFunction Talk at TechSav. I’ll be giving a free talk this month at Lunch Function titled “DataOps: DevOps for Data Engineering”. This is a FREE talk and includes lunch. You can sign up on Eventbrite.
- Work on ONE coding side project. I’ve been working on this thing that lets you generate all
filesfor your dbtproject, but it only kinda works. It’s 90% of the way there, though, and I think it’d be good to finish.
January Habit Tracker
I use an app called HabitShare (free on iOS) to track some of my habits. This month I’ll be tracking “No Spend” days, Gym days, and Read days. I’m not doing a “No Spend” month, but they say “What gets measured gets improved”, so I’ll be trying to be more cognizant of the frequency of my spending by tracking it for the second month in a row.
- No Spend (anything over $1)
- Gym (at least 20 minutes)
- Read (at least 1 page)
Emilie is an Army Wife, Data Engineer, and CrossFitter with a love for working through her thoughts in this space on the internet. She lives with her husband Casey and their pup Bo in Savannah, GA.