Welcome to July 2018 Goals Post! I love writing these goal reports every single month because they force me to sit down and evaluate how I’m doing, more specifically, how am I trending towards the goals I’ve set for myself for the year. Am I making progress? Are those goals still relevant? If not, they go. No time to waste on things that aren’t important! Instead, I’m focusing on the things that I want to finish!
Remember that my monthly goals are all aiming to bring me closer to the 10 goals I set for myself in 2018, all centered around my word of the year of Finish. They are:
- Read 36 books with buying ANY.
- Get into and sustain the best shape of my life.
- Stitch my Baltimore ornament in time to have it finished for Christmas (July).
- Budget together to hit our financial goals.
- Date each other more intentionally.
- Correct legal & business systems for the business.
- Invest in ME without spending any more money.
- Rebrand all content from BD to She Does Better.
Since it’s the middle of the year, I sat down to reevaluate these ten goals. How am I doing against them? Do they still make sense? Here’s what I’ve since culled my goals down to, still inspired by my word of the year, Finish:
- Read 36 books.
- Read 3 books monthly.
- Current progress: 18 down, 18 to go. On track.
- Get into a maintainable state of fitness that I feel good about.
- Hit 20 DUs, a 300 lb deadlift, and think about a half marathon.
- Current progress: every month I’m getting a little bit better about being myself at the gym again.
- Finish Baltimore ornament, and order next year’s.
- Financial Goals
- Wedding Fully Funded ✅
- Car paid off ✅
- Cow loan paid off
- Put up a landing page for AOTM and stop working on it.
- SEO & Content Audit, with new opt-ins, content, and graphics
- [Something, something, something]
With these refreshed goals, I was able to plan for a more successful July. Before that, let’s catch up on June.
- Read 3 books. ✅ I finished Shop Class as Soulcraft, Off the Clock by Laura Vanderkam, and We are Going to Need More Wine by Gabrielle Union.
- Workout 18 times. 👎 Nope and no guilt.
- Finish Baltimore Ornament 👎 Nope and no guilt.
- Finish the budget transition to YNAB. ✅ Why didn’t I do this sooner?
- Organizing the House, part 2. 👎 Nope and no guilt.
- Work on Nanodegree👎 Nope and no guilt.
Here are my Powersheets goals for July:
July 2018 Goals
July Monthly Goals
- Read 3 books. I plan to read AWOL: The Unexcused Absence of America’s Upper Classes from Military Service by Kathy Roth-Douquet, Seriously…I’m Kidding by Ellen Degeneres, and a third TBD book.
- Finish Baltimore Ornament from Needlepoint.com, so I can send it off this month. I think mid-August is the deadline for Christmas finishing, but we both know that it can take me a couple of weeks to get to the post office.
- Workout 18 times. I’m signed up for 8 OTF classes, so this is totally reasonable.
- Get the cow loan below $11K. Ambitious money goals.
- Organize my bedroom dresser. I don’t have that many clothes, so this is really just a 2-hour project (I think).
- Organize hall closet. This is an all-day project.
July Weekly Goals
- Publish weekly on MyToDoLists.com.
- Publish weekly on She Does Better.
- Write weekly money report.
- Spent at least 2 hours working on the content audit.
- Read specified chapters of Business Boutique.
- Stay on track on my NASM course.
July Daily Goals
Your turn! Do you have goals for July? What are you trying to make happen this month?
LOVE HATE RELATIONSHIP WITH TECHNOLOGY?
Download 10 tech tools you need to improve how you use technology totally FREE. (You’ll also get updates from me.)
Emilie is a data engineer by day and lifestyle blogger by night. A Jersey girl at heart, she is currently living in her fifth home in three years, Savannah, GA with her college sweetheart. She’s learned the hard way that home is wherever the Army sends them. She enjoys eating food, cuddling with her dog, and binge watching HGTV.