Welcome to June’s Goal Setting Post! Does anyone else feel like May flew by? I feel like I blinked and that was it! I love writing these goal reports every single month because they force me to sit down and evaluate how I’m doing, more specifically, how am I trending towards the goals I’ve set for myself for the year. Am I making progress ? Are those goals still relevant? If not, they go. No time to waste on things that aren’t important! Instead, I’m focusing on the things that I want to finish!
Remember that my monthly goals are all aiming to bring me closer to the 10 goals I set for myself in 2018, all centered around my word of the year of Finish. They are:
- Read 36 books with buying ANY.
- Get into and sustain the best shape of my life.
- Stitch my Baltimore ornament in time to have it finished for Christmas (July).
- Budget together to hit our financial goals.
- Date each other more intentionally.
- Correct legal & business systems for the business.
- Invest in ME without spending any more money.
- Rebrand all content from BD to She Does Better.
May Monthly Goals
- Read 3 books. 👎 I finished Priestdaddy by Patricia Lockwood and The Girl with the Lower Back Tattoo by Amy Schumer.
- Workout 20 times. 👎 Only 13, but I did okay. I didn’t work out while my Dad was in town and when I was in NJ. Otherwise, I made it to the gym at least 4 times per week.
- Finish Wedding Fund & Put a Big Chunk of 💰 towards my car. ✅ Wedding is funded. Car loan down to 10K.
- Organizing the House, part 2. 👎 I only did the pantry, but I have NO travel planned for June, so I’ve deferred this until next month.
- Finish Memoir Class – Final Piece due May 17. ✅ The final result was a 5000 word piece that used cars as a conceit to carry you through my life. I’m really proud of it and hope to take another writing class at The Refinery soon!
- Work on Nanodegree: Finish P1 Explore & P2 Wrangling. 🙃 No comments.
- Write 2 “cold” pitches to new sources. ✅
Here are my Powersheets goals for June:
June 2018 Goals
June Monthly Goals
- Read 3 books. I plan to read Shop Class as Soulcraft, Off the Clock by Laura Vanderkam, AWOL: The Unexcused Absence of America’s Upper Classes from Military Service by Kathy Roth-Douquet, and We are Going to Need More Wine by Gabrielle Union.
- Workout 18 times. I’ll be home by June 5 with no more traveled planned! This is totally reasonable.
- Finish Baltimore Ornament from Needlepoint.com, so I can have this sent off to be finished in time for Christmas.
- Finish the budget transition to YNAB. Learnvest, the budgeting software I’ve been using for 3 years, is shutting down!
- Organizing the House, part 2. This means going through the guest closet, the hall closet, and my dresser. And.. unpacking the bridal shower goodness.
- Work on Nanodegree: Finish P1 Explore & P2 Wrangling. I have no travel, I have no classes. This is what I need to do.
June Weekly Goals
- Read 150 pages.
- Read target chapter in Business Boutique.
- Publish TDL post.
- Publish a blog post here.
- Send the weekly money report.
- Update Content Audit post.
June Daily Goals
- Work on Nanodegree.
Your turn! Do you have goals for June? What are you trying to make happen this month?
TOO MUCH GOING ON IN YOUR HEAD?
Want to remember what you need to do but seem to always forget something important?
Download my FREE guide to organizing your thoughts. (You’ll also get updates from me.)
Emilie is a data engineer by day and lifestyle blogger by night. A Jersey girl at heart, she is currently living in her fifth home in three years, Savannah, GA with her college sweetheart. She’s learned the hard way that home is wherever the Army sends them. She enjoys eating food, cuddling with her dog, and binge watching HGTV.