Welcome to June’s Goal Setting Post! Does anyone else feel like May flew by? I feel like I blinked and that was it! I love writing these goal reports every single month because they force me to sit down and evaluate how I’m doing, more specifically, how am I trending towards the goals I’ve set for myself for the year. Am I making progress ? Are those goals still relevant? If not, they go. No time to waste on things that aren’t important! Instead, I’m focusing on the things that I want to finish!
Remember that my monthly goals are all aiming to bring me closer to the 10 goals I set for myself in 2018, all centered around my word of the year of Finish. They are:
- Read 36 books with buying ANY.
- Get into and sustain the best shape of my life.
- Stitch my Baltimore ornament in time to have it finished for Christmas (July).
- Budget together to hit our financial goals.
- Date each other more intentionally.
- Correct legal & business systems for the business.
- Invest in ME without spending any more money.
- Rebrand all content from BD to She Does Better.
May Monthly Goals
- Read 3 books. 👎 I finished [easyazon_link identifier=”0399573267″ locale=”US” tag=”burkedoes-20″]Priestdaddy by Patricia Lockwood[/easyazon_link] and [easyazon_link identifier=”1501139894″ locale=”US” tag=”burkedoes-20″]The Girl with the Lower Back Tattoo by Amy Schumer[/easyazon_link].
- Workout 20 times. 👎 Only 13, but I did okay. I didn’t work out while my Dad was in town and when I was in NJ. Otherwise, I made it to the gym at least 4 times per week.
- Finish Wedding Fund & Put a Big Chunk of 💰 towards my car. ✅ Wedding is funded. Car loan down to 10K.
- Organizing the House, part 2. 👎 I only did the pantry, but I have NO travel planned for June, so I’ve deferred this until next month.
- Finish Memoir Class – Final Piece due May 17. ✅ The final result was a 5000 word piece that used cars as a conceit to carry you through my life. I’m really proud of it and hope to take another writing class at The Refinery soon!
- Work on Nanodegree: Finish P1 Explore & P2 Wrangling. 🙃 No comments.
- Write 2 “cold” pitches to new sources. ✅
Here are my Powersheets goals for June:
June 2018 Goals
June Monthly Goals
- Read 3 books. I plan to read [easyazon_link identifier=”0143117467″ locale=”US” tag=”burkedoes-20″]Shop Class as Soulcraft[/easyazon_link], [easyazon_link identifier=”0735219818″ locale=”US” tag=”burkedoes-20″]Off the Clock by Laura Vanderkam[/easyazon_link], [easyazon_link identifier=”0060888601″ locale=”US” tag=”burkedoes-20″]AWOL: The Unexcused Absence of America’s Upper Classes from Military Service by Kathy Roth-Douquet[/easyazon_link], and [easyazon_link identifier=”0062693980″ locale=”US” tag=”burkedoes-20″]We are Going to Need More Wine by Gabrielle Union[/easyazon_link].
- Workout 18 times. I’ll be home by June 5 with no more traveled planned! This is totally reasonable.
- Finish Baltimore Ornament from Needlepoint.com, so I can have this sent off to be finished in time for Christmas.
- Finish the budget transition to YNAB. Learnvest, the budgeting software I’ve been using for 3 years, is shutting down!
- Organizing the House, part 2. This means going through the guest closet, the hall closet, and my dresser. And.. unpacking the bridal shower goodness.
- Work on Nanodegree: Finish P1 Explore & P2 Wrangling. I have no travel, I have no classes. This is what I need to do.
June Weekly Goals
- Read 150 pages.
- Read target chapter in [easyazon_link identifier=”1942121032″ locale=”US” tag=”burkedoes-20″]Business Boutique[/easyazon_link].
- Publish TDL post.
- Publish a blog post here.
- Send the weekly money report.
- Update Content Audit post.
June Daily Goals
- Work on Nanodegree.
Your turn! Do you have goals for June? What are you trying to make happen this month?
Emilie is an Army Wife, Data Engineer, and CrossFitter with a love for working through her thoughts in this space on the internet. She is a contributor to many open source projects including dbt, Meltano, and GitLab. She lives with her husband Casey, their son RJ, and their pup Bo in Columbus, GA.