Welcome to May’s Goal Setting Post! I love writing these every single month because they force me to sit down and evaluate how I’m doing, more specifically, how am I trending towards the end of the year. Am I making progress on the goals I’ve set for myself? Are those goals still relevant? If not, they go. No time to waste on things that aren’t important! Instead, I’m focusing on the things that I want to finish!
Remember that my monthly goals are all aiming to bring me closer to the 10 goals I set for myself in 2018, all centered around my word of the year of Finish. They are:
- Read 36 books with buying ANY.
- Get into and sustain the best shape of my life.
- Stitch my Baltimore ornament in time to have it finished for Christmas (July).
- Budget together to hit our financial goals.
- Date each other more intentionally.
- Correct legal & business systems for the business.
- Invest in ME without spending any more money.
- Rebrand all content from BD to She Does Better.
April Goal Recap
April Monthly Goals
- Read 3 books. ✅ I finished This Will Be My Undoing by Morgan Jerkins, Meet the Frugalwoods by Elizabeth Willard Thames, and The Year of Less by Cait Flanders.
- Workout 24 times. 🔴 I got 18 workouts in. It’s not too bad.
- Big Chunk of 💰 towards the wedding fund. ✅ Almost there 😄
- Finish launching new site. ✅ You’re looking at it.
- Udacity Nanodegree Progress 👎 I am so far behind!
- Memoir Class on Track ✅ Slow and steady progress!
- New Wedding Plan ✅ New date, venue moved, new save the dates sent, new church, etc.
- Organizing House, Part 1 ✅ Yes! I got through most of the house!
April Weekly Goals
- Read 150 pages. 2️⃣ of four weeks.
- Dinner Out. 2️⃣ of four weeks.
- Business Boutique. 4️⃣ of four weeks.
- My To Do List. 2️⃣ of four weeks.
- Published a Blog Post. 4️⃣ of four weeks.
- Memoir Class. 2️⃣ of three weeks. I missed one and one was cancelled.
April Daily Goals
- Workout- 18 out of 30 days.
- Read- 17 out of 30 days.
- Audible- 4 out of 30 days.
- Udacity- 6 out of 30 days.
- Coworking Space- 2 out of 30 days.
Here are my Powersheets goals for May:
May Monthly Goals
- Read 3 books. I am aiming to finish Priestdaddy by Patricia Lockwood, Shop Class as Soul Craft by Matthew Crawford, and Astrophysics for People in a Hurry by Neil deGrasse Tyson.
- Workout 20 times. I’ll be traveling, so this is a fair goal.
- Finish Wedding Fund & Put a Big Chunk of 💰 towards my car.
- Organizing the House, part 2. This means going through the guest closet, the pantry, the hall closet, and my dresser.
- Finish Memoir Class – Final Piece due May 17.
- Work on Nanodegree: Finish P1 Explore & P2 Wrangling.
- Write 2 “cold” pitches to new sources.
May Weekly Goals
- Read 150 pages.
- Read target pages in Business Boutique.
- Publish TDL post.
- Publish a blog post here.
- Send the weekly money report.
- Update Content Audit post.
May Daily Goals
- Work on Nanodegree.
- Go to coworking space
Your turn! Do you have goals for May? What are trying to make happen this month?
TOO MUCH GOING ON IN YOUR HEAD?
Want to remember what you need to do but seem to always forget something important?
Download my FREE guide to organizing your thoughts. (You’ll also get updates from me.)
Emilie is a data engineer by day, lifestyle blogger by night, CrossFitter by early morning hours, and Army Wife all the time in between. A Jersey girl at heart, she is currently living in Savannah, GA. Her favorite place is cuddling with Bo, their American Bulldog, on the couch with a good read.