One of my favorite treats to make this time of year is banana bread. It’s sweet, comforting, and can be eaten any time of the day as breakfast, a snack, or dessert. Even better than that though, it’s quick, easy to make, and is the perfect size to wrap up and give as a gift to teachers or coworkers. Plus, the ingredients are simple and most likely found in every cabinet without a trip to the store (a BIG plus in my house.)
My go-to recipe for banana bread is one that has been in my family for as long as I can remember, it has been at every family gathering no matter the size, and is a staple at the never missed coffee breaks when family comes to visit.
- 1 Stick Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 2 Cups Flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- 3 ripe bananas
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon
- Mix and set aside: 1 stick butter, 1 ½ cups sugar, 2 eggs, and 1 tsp vanilla
- Mix and set aside: 2 Cups flour, ½ tsp baking powder, and ½ tsp salt
- Mix: ¼ cup sour cream and ¾ tsp baking soda
- Alternately Add with Above
- Topping: Mix 3 tbsp butter, 3 tbsp sugar, and 1 ½ tsp cinnamon
- Bake at 350 for one hour. Cool 10 minutes before removing from container. When mostly cool apply topping. Enjoy!
Make sure to Pin this recipe to try later!