April is here, faster than I had hoped! On to it…
- Read 3 books. I read FIVE books in March- The Female Brain (Dr. Louann Brizendine), Juliet’s School of Possibilities (Laura Vanderkam), Rework (Jason Fried & David Heinemeier Hansson), Into the Water (Paul Hawkins), and When Breath Becomes Air (Paul Kalanathi). I didn’t realize I read those all in March until right now! This puts me 1 book ahead of my target pace for my GoodReads Challenge.
- Honor stitch night and mastermind. Yes! My ladies are still meeting every Tuesday. I’m slowly chipping away at my Sav Ornament.
- CrossFit 12 times and Orange Theory 4 times. I did finish both memberships, so we’ll call this one done.
- Publish one blog post on She Does Data. Nope. Though I have to write one this week!
- Finish writing my
goodreadsscraper. 👉 Project Repo. Lol, I did not code on this at all this month.
- Say NO to three things and write them down. Yes, but I still said YES to far too many things. One step at a
- Read 3 books. I’ll be traveling for 10 days this month which has always helped with my reading. I just need to be sure I pack enough books.
- Honor stitch night and mastermind. I hope to get some longer stitching bouts in too!
- Figure out the gym situation. I’m not going to go into a lot of detail now, so let’s just leave this at this.
- Publish two blog posts on She Does Data.
- Finish writing my
goodreadsscraper. 👉 Project Repo. The first milestone here is shipping the extraction piece.
April Habit Tracker
I use an app called HabitShare (free on iOS) to track some of my habits.
This month I’ll be tracking “No Spend” days, Gym days, Read days, and Writing days. What gets measured gets improved.
NoSpend (anything over $1). As I mentioned above, my goal is to hit 15 no spend days in February.
- Gym. From a habit perspective, I’d like to see my “Never miss two days in a row” rule be honored and get 16 workouts in this month.
- Read (at least 1 page). Just doing my thing.
- Writing for a blog post, email newsletter, or streaking.app (Not emails, tweets, or issues for work.). Just starting to collect data here.
As I mentioned briefly, I’ll be on the road for part of the month. Travel has traditionally either propelled me to new heights or knocked me flat on my butt with no in-between. Let’s hope for the former.
STRUGGLING TO MANAGE YOUR TIME?
Are you always glued to your phone or tablet?
Download my guide to the top apps to help you manage your time with technology totally FREE. (You’ll also get updates from me.)
Emilie is an Army Wife, Data Engineer, and CrossFitter with a love for working through her thoughts in this space on the internet. She lives with her husband Casey and their pup Bo in Savannah, GA.