For two weeks in August, I will be away from my house, which, as I’ve shared 392847803459 times, is incredibly stressful for my routine-driven self.
Here are some things I’d like to see happen this month:
- Finish 3 books
- Finish my needlepoint project
- Get to page 180 in Starting Strength
- Remove all affiliate links from this site
- Strategic (Career) Planning the rest of the year
- September + October talks written, designed, and coded
- Summer Bucket List progress
- Make 2 open source contributions (1 Meltano + 1 dbt)
- LOTS OF SUNRISE WATCHING
Cool things that happened in July:
- Finished 3 books- The Woman in the Window, Big Little Lies, Before We Were Yours
- Lots of cool things shared in general-purpose life update– Sav Bananas Game, Cooking School, Dad visited, Watched The Lion King
- Visited CLE & DC
- Tried out 2 new churches
- Contributed to dbt utils
- Watched more than one sunrise per week
- Read 80+ pages of Starting Strength
- Only used the dryer once (air-dried clothes otherwise)
- Got my wedding album in the mail!
Picture: Sunrise yesterday (July 31)- I lost track of time this AM and didn’t step outside to watch.
Emilie is an Army Wife, Data Engineer, and CrossFitter with a love for working through her thoughts in this space on the internet. She lives with her husband Casey and their pup Bo in Savannah, GA.