I’ve shared my morning routine on the blog repeatedly. It’s great because I’ve gotten to see it evolve with each of the stages of life that I’ve been in.
I first shared my Morning Routine in April 2015, back when I was still in college. I’m impressed that I was eating two breakfasts, even then. I didn’t remember that detail (one of the reasons having these posts to look back on is SO cool). The highlights:
- I still don’t drink coffee
- I still eat two breakfasts
- I now avoid emails in the morning
- I still try to get my morning workouts in.
This was my first post-college morning routine. At the time, I was still getting settled into my new home and new job in Baltimore. The highlights:
- I am very dependent on my alarm clock now.
- I definitely do not run a mile.
My next post-college morning routine! By this point, I had already pushed my workouts further back from just the quarter later and I had reverted back to my dependency on my alarm clock with many, many alarms. That sounds much more like me.
- I don’t work out alone anymore.
- I don’t work out with the TV on anymore.
- I still try to make eating in the morning a priority.
It was a whole year before I updated my morning routine again.
- I am still doing Crossfit!
- I no longer cook in the mornings
Those bring us to where I am today.
|4:45 AM||First alarm goes off – radio comes on|
|4:50 AM||Second alarm goes of – I get up and go to the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth|
|5 AM||Final alarm goes off – I pop into the kitchen and make my morning Spark and whatever I'm going to eat|
|5:10 AM||I leave the house for the gym|
|5:30 AM-6:40 AM||Crossfit Raeford – Drive home|
|7 AM||Get home- Eat – Shower – Get ready|
|8 AM||Final touches on getting ready – Make sure lunches are packed|
|8:10 AM||Leave the house for my coworking space|
|8:40 AM||Arrive to coworking space|
|8:45 AM||Start working for the day|
- I’m waking up earlier than ever before.
- I’m going to an earlier class at work.
- I added a commute back into my schedule by joining a coworking space.
- I no longer cook or prepare food in the mornings. I usually eat something that is made from powder or oats.
- I still don’t drink coffee but I now drink Spark and Zest Tea in the mornings
- I don’t have to worry about programming since I’ve been going to a Crossfit gym and I love it.
- If I don’t go to the gym, I generally spend that extra hour writing or I start work earlier. I always try to start work before 9 AM.
Anything about my morning routine jump out to you? Anything you’d suggest?
Emilie is a data engineer by day and lifestyle blogger by night. A Jersey girl at heart, she is currently living in her fifth home in three years, Savannah, GA with her college sweetheart. She’s learned the hard way that home is wherever the Army sends them. She enjoys eating food, cuddling with her dog, and binge watching HGTV.